In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
H1Z1 Monetization Details Revealed
Posting on the game’s sub-Reddit, Sony Online Entertainment’s John Smedley has detailed how his team plans to monetize H1Z1.
In his post Smedley mentioned that the studio held a meeting yesterday, the first regarding monetizing the game. During the meeting the team discussed many aspects of what they could charge for and what they couldn’t. Smedley made it pretty clear that the survival-themed MMORPG H1Z1 will not be a pay-to-win title.
Here is what the studio came to an agreement:
- Wearable items will be sold, as they are a “fair” revenue generator. Wearable include items such as ski masks, which can be looted by other players. According to Smedley, wearable items will not disappear upon death and will instead have a durability associated to them, so you’ll be able to wear items that persist after death.
- SOE will not be selling core survival items like guns, ammo, food, and water because doing so will make the game “suck”.
- There are no plans to sell boosts that impact #2.
- Emote packs will be sold.
- Character slots will also be sold as they are a fair revenue generator.
- There is a possibility that they will sell loot crates (or keys to loot crates), much as DOTA 2 and Team Fortress 2 do crates.
Staying true to his words, SOE will not be offering purchases on any kinds of resources or weapons. Additionally Smedley asked fans to contribute their own ideas to the thread. If you have any idea of how SOE can provide more than the above mentioned points, head here.