In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
BlizzCon 2014 Dates and Ticket Details Announced
BlizzCon 2014 will be taking place at the Anaheim Convention Center in Southern California this year and the two day event will start on Friday, November 7 and end on Saturday.
Tickets to the event will be sold in two batches in May. The first batch will be available for purchase at 7PM Pacific Time on Wednesday, May 7; while the second batch at 10AM Pacific Time on Saturday, May 10. Tickets to the exclusive pre-BlizzCon dinner to benefit Children’s Hospital of Orange County will be available on May 14.
Mike Morhaime, Co-founder and CEO of Blizzard, called BlizzCon as the biggest highlight of the year for the company. He called 2014 an epic year for Blizzard gamers with recently launched titles like Hearthstone, and Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls; as well as Heroes of the Storm, and Warlords of Draenor which are preparing to enter beta soon.
According to the official blurb, BlizzCon attendees will get the chance to participate in:
- Hands-on play time with the latest versions of Blizzard Entertainment games
- Global finals for Blizzard eSports, including the StarCraft® II World Championship Series Global Finals
- In-depth discussion panels with Blizzard game developers and artists
- Competitive and casual tournaments for players to showcase their talents
- Community contests with great prizes
- Commemorative merchandise based on Blizzard Entertainment’s game universes
- More activities and attractions to be announced
Each ticket will be priced at $199 and will be available for purchase from the online ticketing service Eventbrite.
The tickets to the BlizzCon Benefit Dinner will also include admittance to BlizzCon and will be priced at $750. Attendees will get the chance to break bread with all the Blizzard folks. About 200 tickets to the benefit dinner will be available for purchase starting at 7PM Pacific Time on Wednesday, May 14.
Details on Blizzard Virtual Ticket’s price, availability and programming information has yet to be announced.