Warner Bros. is about to make an important announcement on March 8, 2017. There's no official...
Upgrade Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn From PS3 to PS4
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn players can now choose to upgrade their PS3 copy to the newer PlayStation 4 version. Doing so now will allow you to begin playing the game when it officially launches on April 14 for the PlayStation 4. However, those who participated in the game’s early access can start playing from today.
The upgrade is free and will be available until the end of the year. Note that once upgraded, you will no longer be able to access the game from your PlayStation 3.
You can follow the steps to perform the upgrade:
Step 1: Get Your Promotion Code
- First of all, log into the Mog Station using your Square Enix account, visit the account services page, and select the service account that you want to upgrade.
- Once selected, you should already see a banner with the option to upgrade from PS3 to PS4. Click on it.
- You’ll now be presented with the details of the upgrade campaign. I know it’s a lot of text, but please read it carefully, as it contains a lot of information about the upgrade process. When you’re done reading, confirm that you agree to the terms and click “Next.”
- On this page you’ll be asked to confirm your upgrade. If you have multiple service accounts, please make absolutely sure that you’ve selected the correct service account you want to upgrade.
- If all is in order, click on “Upgrade.”
- You’ll now be displayed with a summary and your promotion code to download the game from PlayStation Store.
Step 2: Redeem Your Promotion Code
- Boot up your PS4, log in to your PlayStation account, and go to PlayStation Store. Make absolutely sure that you have the correct PlayStation profile active before you enter the store! Promotion Codes can only be used a single time, so using it on the wrong account would leave you stranded.
- Select “Redeem Codes” from the option menu displayed at the bottom left of the screen and enter the promotion code.
- When you’ve done so and confirmed the regulations, you can start the download.
- If something goes wrong with the download, you can try to restart it using the “Library” option in the PlayStation Store menu.
Step 2 is optional for those who participated in the second PlayStation 4 beta and already have the game installed on their system.
Source PlayStation Blog