In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
Titanfall’s New Update Adds Fixes, Private Matches, and More
Titanfall boasts interesting Challenges for players during online matches to rack up score points. Whilst these challenges are meant to be tricky, one particular challenge was punishment.
Dubbed the Gooser Challenge, it required the player to take down 50 pilots who have ejected from their Titans before they hit the ground.
Respawn heard the complaints and has released an update which reduces the required 50 takedowns down to 5. Along with the adjustment of the challenge, the patch also adds balance changes, as well as new features to the online shooter, including private matches. The latter for now will run in beta.
New features added to the game:
- Private match (beta): You now have a way to organize matches with your friends. Players can also use this for tournament play.
- Party colors: If you party up with your friends, they used to appear as blue dots on your minimap. They will now appear green to help you stick together.
- Auto-Titan color: Your auto-Titan’s name is now gold, so you can quickly check to see where it is and how it is doing.
- Menu changes: If you’ve completed both campaigns, “Play Multiplayer” is now the top choice. This was previously called “Play classic,” and it appeared below the campaign.
Here are the game-balance changes:
- Gooser Challenge: Reduced requirement from 50 to 5.
- Titan 40mm canon ammo reduction: This Titan weapon now only has 12 rounds instead of 20 in its standard form. In its extended-mag form, it has 16 instead of 25. It is still the only weapon that can take down a
- Titan without reloading.
- Titan quad-rocket mag-size change: The standard mag used to hold four shots, and it now holds five. The extended mag used to hold five, and it now holds six.
- Titan quad-rocket damage versus shields: It now takes only four shots with the quad rocket to take down a Titan’s shields. It used to take five.
- Titan quad-rocket “Rapid Fire” mag-size change: This single-fire version of the rocket launcher now holds 18 rounds instead of just 16.
- Amped Kraber sniper rifle Titan-damage change: This “burn card” version of the Kraber rifle now does 800 points of damage against a Titan compared to the 100 it did before. This makes it the only highly effective small-arms weapon against a Titan.
- Hardpoint Domination scoring changes: Respawn is increasing the points players get for capturing hardpoints and reducing the points they get for killing players. This is to encourage players to move around more in this mode.
- Capture the flag scoring changes: Adjusting points to better reward capturing the flag over defending it.
Complete patch notes can be found on the developer’s blog.