World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Gets Stat Reduction in Alpha Patch
World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor received a huge update today in the alpha testing, of which one of the interesting changes include the reduction of stat numbers.
Blizzard has opted to reduce the numbers down to easy-to-read levels for player without reducing the efficacy of the spell/weapon etc.
“In order to bring things down to an understandable level, we’ve reduced the scale of stats throughout the game,” said Blizzard. “This applies to creatures, spells, abilities, consumables, gear, other items… everything.”
Following are updates worth mentioning:
- Character stats have been squished into smaller numbers that are easier to understand. It’s important to understand that this is not a nerf as enemies have been squished as well.
- A new row of talents has been added for level 100, and new Draenor Perks from levels 91 to 99.
- The Garrison is a new feature available in Draenor, where you can build a base, recruit followers, and send them on missions.
- We’ve balanced the functionality of Agility, Strength and Intellect.
- Hit and Expertise have been removed; they’re no longer needed in order to reliably land attacks!
- The pace of healing have been adjusted to allow for more tactical decisionmaking regarding efficiency and throughput, on both single-target and multi-target heals. Passive and auto-targeted healing have been reduced in effectiveness in order to emphasize the actions and choices of healers.
- Racial traits have been rebalanced so that all races have similar combat performance.
- All classes have had several abilities pruned, with a focus on redundant and less-used abilities, to cut down on button and keybind bloat.
- The amount of crowd control in the game (primarily PvP) has been drastically reduced. Many crowd-control abilities have been removed, and many diminishing returns categories are now merged together.
- Several common buffs and debuffs have been merged, or removed, where they were redundant.
- All characters now learn a few important Major Glyphs automatically as they level up.
- The amount of instant healing in the game has been toned down by giving cast times to several instant cast heals.
- Vengeance has been redesigned and renamed Resolve. Resolve does not increase outgoing damage, but does now increase tank self-healing and absorption based on damage taken.
- Facing requirements (character position) on some prominent abilities have been loosened or removed.
- The mana cost of Resurrection spells has been reduced to make it a little easier to recover from a wipe.
- Professions no longer have combat benefit perks tied to them.
- There are a multitude of class-specific changes, including things like improved distinction between different Talent specializations, and new Masteries. Consult the class-specific sections below for more information.
You can read the rest of the updates from the official Blizzard Blog.