In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
PS4 Survey Suggests Reputation System & Username Change Option Incoming
How would you like to have an option to change your username on your PlayStation 4 or a reputation system on PS4? Sony is looking for new features that the PlayStation community would wish to see on the console in the future and they are registering fan feedback by conducting survey.
The user survey was held by Sony among the PS4 owners. There were a total of eight new features that the users had to rate on five different levels ranging from ‘very appealing’ to ‘very unappealing.’
Among the suggested features, the most notable was a ‘player reputation system based on a user rating system.’ I would vote ‘very appealing’ twice on that one.
It is always a good thing to know what kind of a person you are dealing with in your social circle, same goes for the online gamers that you come across.
Having a reputation system would prove to be a yardstick as well as a restraining measure against people who tend to go below the belt being a cheat – or simply by being a jerk.
Xbox One already has a similar feature so why not the console that is in the lead?
Other features that the PlayStation 4 survey suggested were:
- Advanced matchmaking system to help pair you with players at your skill level or player preference
- Ability to chat across PlayStation platforms i.e. PS4 to PS3 and PS Vita
- Ability to change your PlayStation username
- Ability to be invisible; see who is online without broadcasting the fact that you are online
- Ability to party chat with more than 8 people at a time
- Synchronization of messages across platforms, so that PS3/ PS Vita messages all appear on PS4 and vice versa
- On-screen notifications when your friends come online
Which ones of these features would you be more inclined towards? Moreover, how many of you took the PlayStation 4 survey?