Warner Bros. is about to make an important announcement on March 8, 2017. There's no official...
First Titanfall Patch Nerfs Smart Gun Damage and Fixes AI Controlled Characters
Too bad the first Titanfall patch is not one with any content updates; but hey it does show that Respawn Entertainment is really putting itself behind the game’s well being.
The Titanfall patch number one is a server and balancing update that will, most prominently, nerf the damage delivered by Smart Gun among numerous other tweaks to the game’s Xbox One and PC version. Another important change would be the visibility of the Electric Smoke which will now be more prominent when its dealing damage, so that there will be a better warning before hand.
Here are the patch notes that Respawn has shared through their official website:
Balancing adjustments and general changes
- The damage indicator from Electric Smoke is now much more noticeable
- Search Drones will now show up in Classic Modes of Angel City
- Arc grenade/mine effects no longer draw on friendly Pilots and Titans
- Lowered the point value of defensive actions in Hardpoint mode and CTF.
- Increased the score limit in Attrition
- Flag Return points reduced
- Flag Carrier killed points reduced
- Explosives detonated by Dead Man’s Trigger are now slightly delayed
- Explosives detonated by Dead Man’s Trigger now play a warning sound before exploding
- Slightly decreased the damage of the Smart Pistol when not locked onto a Pilot
- Slightly decreased the hip-fire accuracy of the Smart Pistol
- Certain Burn Cards could be exploited to give multiple uses
- Evac Dropships are now more responsive to Pilots entering them
- Hacking a Mega Turret will now restore it’s health to full
- Cluster Missiles damage reduced against Evac Dropships
- Titan could become stuck in the position he lands in
- Auto-Titan wouldn’t stand up until you embarked into it
- Several rare server issues restarting the game in to the lobby
- Pilot could end up out of bounds while rodeoing a Titan as it is destroyed
- Pilot could warp through certain locations when jumping off a Titan
- Rodeoing a Titan that has been doomed by your SMR could kill you
- Players being able to enter some geometry in Smuggler’s Cove
- Titanfall will now give proper kill credit when it kills a Pilot embarking into their Titan
- Minions in Attrition now continue to spawn until the Epilogue begins
- Player couldn’t hack a Mega Turret console
- Server would sometimes error when leeching a Spectre
- Hardpoints sometimes awarded defense score to players not near the hardpoint
- Rare issue when ejecting from a Titan
- Server would sometimes error after a match while returning to the lobby
- Double XP burn card sometimes not being applied properly
What were the other changes that you expected too see in the first Titanfall patch?