World of Warcraft Servers Listed for January 9 Merging
Blizzard continues to merge World of Warcraft servers as part of their ‘Connected Realms program,’ where different servers are merged together to populate the now single realm as a whole.
Posting on Battle.net, the developer listed the servers set to merge on January 9 and other servers that are currently on hold but will be merged at a later date.
Servers merging on January 9:
- Bladefist and Kul Tiras
- Nazgrel Nesingwary and / Vek ‘nilash
- Nazjatar and Blood Furnace / Mannoroth
- Norgannon and Kargath
- Stormscale and Drak’Tharon / Firetree / Malorne / Rivendare / Spirestone
- Uldaman and Ravencrest
Servers merging (TBA):
- Antonidas and Uldum
- Blade’s Edge and Thunder Horn
- Bonechewer and Aegwynn / Daggerspine / Gurubashi / Hakkar
- Blackrock and Azgalor / Azshara
- Jaedenar and Agamaggan
- Shu’halo and Eitrigg
- Anvilmar and Undermine (TBD-On Hold)
We will be connecting the realms listed below on Thursday, January 9th during a scheduled maintenance beginning at 6 a.m. PST through approximately 11:00 a.m. PST. Once maintenance is finished, these realm connections will be complete.
The ‘Connected Realms Program’ was initiated last year following the rapid decline of user base in the game. An MMO is as good as the number of players playing it and to ensure a great experience Blizzard decided on populating realms by merging them together.