We all are accustomed with video game villains and the story usually concludes with the fall of...
Rayman Legends Errors, Crashes, FPS, Graphics and Resolution Fixes
I am sure that just like me, Rayman would bring back many nostalgic memories for you. The latest iteration in the Rayman series goes by the name of Rayman Legends, a direct sequel to Rayman Origins which was released back in 2011. It was first announced for Wii U only but later, Ubisoft decided to bring it on other platforms too including PC.
Overall, the game plays great but there are minor bugs that need some attention. Until the developer delivers permanent solution for these bugs, you can refer to the following troubleshooting guide for help.
#1 Rayman Legends – Poor FPS Fix
Rayman Legends doesn’t adjust refresh rate with the desktop’s native parameters. So, some of you may experience drop in FPS while playing in full screen. It can well be a bug with no proper fix for the time being. If you want to make the experience better, you should play it in the windowed mode.
#2 Rayman Legends – How to Fix Black Bars on 1920×1200 Resolution or Above
Apparently, the game does not like any aspect ratio (16:10) or refresh rate (60 Hz) other than its default. In order to make the black borders go away, you can try the following workaround:
- Start Rayman Legends
- Set your refresh rate to 50Hz in your monitor settings (found in control panel).
- Change your screen size (using the catalyst control center) so your screen is completely filled again.
- Change refresh rate back to 60Hz.
- The black bars should be gone now.
Let me know if this fix works for you.
#3 Rayman Legends – The Game Won’t Launch
If you are getting stuck at Uplay screen, then I will recommend that you uninstall the Uplay tool and then re-install it in different directory (partition). Make sure to uninstall it first before re-installing it. You can also try:
- Disabling your firewall/security tool.
- Running the game as administrator.
- Different compatibility mode.
- Launching the game in windowed mode.
#4 Rayman Legends – Resolution Conflict Fix
If you have accidentally set a resolution that is not supported by your monitor or screen, you should try launching the game in windowed mode.
If that doesn’t work, find the configuration file (there is usually one in the documents or in the main game directory) and delete it which should reset your settings.
If that too doesn’t help, the last resort is that you delete the game completely from your steam directory (in common folder usually) and do a re-install.
#5 Rayman Legends – The Game Crash Fix
The game can crash due to multiple reasons so I am going to list a few fixes that can attend to most of the issues:
- First, make sure that your drivers are up to date.
- If you are getting an error saying “The game has stopped working”, you should try installing updated version of MS Visual C++ and redistibutable package.
- If it’s giving you a .dll error, try out the fix mentioned in the second.
- Also, start Uplay in the offline mode and launch the game. This has worked like a charm for many and Uplay sometimes can be a real pain.
#6 Rayman Legends Crashes – DLL Error
You should try out the fixes mentioned in the point #5 to resolve the issue.
#7 Rayman Legends – Audio Fix
First, you need to make sure that your in-game volume isn’t set to mute.
If you are hearing sound only in cinematics, try switching between your earphones and speakers. You can also try changing the sound settings from stereo to mono which can sometimes prove useful. Also, don’t forget to verify the integrity of your game files.
If you come across any other issues, comment and we will try to help you out!