Lightning Returns: More Information Revealed Through Tokyo Event
A recent event held in Tokyo for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII has helped reveal more information for the upcoming title. Some of that was already released before but most of what was said is new.
- We’ll be able to purchase several kinds of accessories like glasses, earrings and pendants from several shops, in addition to the usual weapons and shields, and there’s also a restaurant (while it’s function isn’t known yet). Initially the range of products available will be limited but it’ll increase as the story progresses.
- Lightning will be able to wear her own costumes from Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 and Yuna’s costume from Final Fantasy X, explaining the presence of X|X-2 HD Remaster on the official crossover site. A super-cute decoration that puts Mog from Final Fantasy XIII-2 on her head is also present.
- Inventory capacity is very limited (only six slots), but will increase as the story progresses.
- There are four main areas in the game: Luxerion, Yusnan, the Wilderness and the Dead Dunes. Luxerion features mostly investigative gameplay. Yusnan is the city of pleasure, and features a lot of time-sensitive quests. The Wilderness are a big, open world area that encourages exploration even on the back of a Chocobo, while the Dead Dunes are a desert home to some of the most deadly monsters.
- There are a lot of different weapons and shields: 70-80 swords and a bit fewer shields. Their color cannot be customized.
- There’s no card minigame this time around.
- It’s possible to change color to several parts of the costumes, and in addition to default colors it’s also possible to make our own from Photoshop-like color picker, and to create presets.
- Vanille from Final Fantasy XIII will make a comeback in the game.
- Killing enemies will reward you with new abilities.
- Character customization is very important. The right one can finish off the last boss in under 50 seconds.
- You can ride a chocobo in the Wilderness level as it is said to be open world.
- The costumes can change your victory pose and win music as well.
- Lightning’s bust size is increased from C cup to D cup by Toriyama. There will be costumes that make your bust size bigger or smaller.