Looks like the PS4 vs Xbox One battle is turning one-sided as far as sales victories are concerned....
Kinect 2.0 Dev Kits for Windows Avaiblable for Pre-Order at $399
Microsoft has opened application process for Developers to get hold of Kinect 2.0 dev kits earlier than everyone else.
Set at the astounding price of $399 these initial kits will be available sometime before the launch of Kinect 2.0 in the commercial market in November this year.
The application for the Kinect 2.0 development kit pre-order program can be accessed here.
Microsoft’s official statement reveals the following set of “benefits” included in the pre-order Kinect dev kit program:
- Direct access to the Kinect for Windows engineering team via a private forum and exclusive webcasts
- Early SDK access (alpha, beta, and any updates along the way to release)
- Private access to all API and sample documentation
- A pre-release/alpha sensor
- A final, released sensor at launch
The current pre-order program will finish accepting applicants by 31st July and will only allow limited number of developers to access the kit early. Applicants would be notified of their acceptance in August.