We are here with another free game giveaway and this time we are giving away easily one of the most...
Nvidia Shield Confirmed for June Launch, Will Cost $349
Project Shield, Nvidia’s take on an android-powered console has been confirmed to launch in June for a price of $349.
Those who signed up to receive Shield updates on Razer’s site can go ahead and pre-order the device today. Those who didn’t will have to wait until May 20 to confirm theirs. Major retailers who will be stocking up on the device have for now been confirmed to be GameStop, Newegg, Micro Center and Canada Computers.
Project Shield was announced in January of this year during CES 2013. The device boasts a powerful Tegra 4 processor, featuring 72 GPU cores, a quad-core CPU, and 2GB of RAM. It sports an Xbox type controller attached with a 5” retinal multi-touch 720p display.
Shield will include 16GB of storage, microSD for an additional 64GB, Bluetooth, GPS, mini-HDMI, micro-USB and a headphone jack. The battery is said to be capable of running for 4-5 hours while playing a game.
Here’s a complete feature listing, courtesy of Nvidia themselves:
- Tegra 4 – The world’s fastest mobile processor delivers rich graphics and unbeatable performance thanks to 72 GPU cores, four CPU cores and 2GB of RAM
- Console-grade controller – Precise control thanks to dual analog joysticks, a full-sized D-Pad, left and right analog triggers, full-sized bumpers and A/B/X/Y buttons
- Multi-touch display – 5-inch, 720p retinal multi-touch display for high-fidelity visuals
- Integrated speakers – Custom, bass reflex, tuned port audio system – we think this is SHIELD’s sleeper feature
- Wi-Fi – 802.11n 2X2 MIMO game-speed Wi-Fi for game streaming
- Pure Android – Latest Android Jelly Bean operating system from Google, for access to Android games and apps
- There’s more – We put into SHIELD everything we would want in a premium mobile gaming device: 16 GB memory, GPS, Bluetooth 3.0, a mini-HDMI output, micro-USB 2.0, a microSD storage slot, a 3.5-mm stereo headphone jack.