The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...
Dead Island Riptide PC Tweaks, Errors, Crashes, Freezes and Fixes
Well folks, Dead Island is back with improved visuals, new animations and more of the same gameplay. Fans of the original game would know exactly what to do with the game, and if you haven’t tried it yet and you like slaying zombies; it’s a recommended game for you.
Dead Island Riptide just got released on PC along with other platforms and many fans out there are itching to get their hands dirty with it bloody experience. Sadly, for the PC gamers, they might experience some general technical issues but worry not, our list workarounds should help you get into the game and play it as it is meant to be.
#1 Dead Island Riptide – Stuttering Issue on High End GPU
If you are sure that you are using the latest version of the drivers for your GPU and still having the stutter, make sure that there is no third party application running that may interfere with the game’s performance.
For instance, any FPS calculators or temperature monitors or any third party tools for your GPU should be disabled while you are running the game. Furthermore, lowering down setting a bit also doesn’t hurt in order to pin point the problem.
#2 How to change FOV in Dead Island Riptide
That’s a major problem for any avid PC gamer. The game by default does not allow you to change the FOV in-game. However, you can use the following method to get the job done.
- First, go to SteamsteamappscommondiriptideDI.
- There, open Data0.pak in Winrar or Winzip tool.
- In another Explorer window, go to Documents and then go to Riptide and create folder “data”. Enter data folder you just created and create a folder “skills” inside it.
- In Winrar/zip, go to skills inside the Data0.cab and drag & drop default_levels.xml into that DocumentsRiptidedataskills folder.
- Now, open the .xml in notepad.
- Edit the FOV according to your desire.
#3 Dead Island Riptide – Game Crashes on Start-up
If you are facing recurring crashes, verify the integrity of game files as the installation might be corrupted. No other major reports related to crashes have been filed yet, and if you have anything that is a related fix, share with us in the comments below.
#4 Dead Island Riptide – How to Skip Intro Videos
To disable the start-up videos, right click on Dead Island Riptide in steam and select Properties, then launch options, add the launch option “-nologos” without the quotes. This should make them go away and by this way, you can also dodge any crashes you might be facing on the start-up screens.
#5 Dead Island Riptide – Can’t Press any Key to get Through Intro Screen
There is a quick workaround for it. Just minimize the game by pressing Alt+Tab and then head back in. This should solve the issue. Otherwise, you can also try skipping the intro videos as mentioned in point 4.
#6 Dead Island Riptide Error – The game has stopped working
Try reinstalling the redistributables package and then do a quick restart. This should make the error go away.
#7 Dead Island Riptide – Black Screen on the Start-up With No Sound
If it’s not a drivers issue, you can try the following workaround:
- First you need to go to MyDocuments>DeadIslandRiptide>out>Settings where you should see 2 files: Audio & Video.
- Deleting the video file may help you fix the problem.
- If that doesn’t work, try the fix mentioned in point 4.
#8 Dead Island Riptide – Long Loading Time Fix
Many users have reported that they are experiencing very long loading times. Well, if you too are a victim then you can give following fix a shot:
- First, you need to go to C:\Users\Yourusername\Documents\Riptide\out\
- Now, Right click logs and hit properties then click read-only and then go to the security tab.
- Click on your user from the list then click Deny Modify Read and execute read write and then use the apply button.
- Close it and launch the game and this should fix the problem.
You can also use it if you are facing random crashes.
#9 Dead Island Riptide – How to Change 60hz frequency to 120Hz
If you are looking to change your refresh rate from 60 to 120 or any other value above 60, you can do it as follows:
- Find Document/Riptide/out/Settings.
- Now open a new notepad file and drag Video.scr file into this notepad file. To be on the safe side, create a backup of the original file.
- Now, change the value of refreshrate to any value you want.
- After changing the value save the file. After saving the settings, mark the file as read-only and you are done.
Keep in mind that any in-game changes will reset the above steps and you will have to do them again.
#10 Dead Island Riptide – The Game has Stopped Working
The error will usually occur to the Nvidia users. If you are facing this error, you download the latest beta drivers by Nvidia optimized for Dead Island Riptide.
If you are experiencing any issue that isn’t listed, let us know in the comments and we will try to help you out!