Looks like the PS4 vs Xbox One battle is turning one-sided as far as sales victories are concerned....
Aliens: Colonial Marines Crashes, Errors, Textures, Exe, Black Screen and Controller Fixes
If you are a fan of the shooter genre, Aliens: Colonial Marines is something you must be looking forward to. Although the game hasn’t received the expected praise by the critics, Aliens and Marines showdown still has managed to gather a large community.
Being a PC gamer, you might already be aware of the small issues that can experience of the game. Most of the time, small problems like errors/crashes coupled with performance-related issues can be resolved by following simple workarounds. For Aliens: Colonial Marines, we have shortlisted the following problems and possible workarounds which can save the day for you.
#1 Aliens: Colonial Marines – Missing Executable File
Many are facing this issue and the developer is looking into it to find a proper fix. Meanwhile, you can try out the following fix (temporary):
- Exit Steam
- Find the Steam install directory (usually c:\program files\steam) and delete the \appcache folder.
- Restart Steam
#2 Aliens: Colonial Marines – Bad Textures/Visuals Fix
If you are using the latest version of the drivers (Nvidia users) and still having graphics issues, you should change the slider From Quality to Preformance in the Nvidia control panel. This should make the game much smoother for you.
#3 Aliens: Colonial Marines Crash to Desktop
If your game crashes to desktop after the logo appears, you should try out the following fixes:
- Try running the game as “Administrator”
- If that doesn’t work, you should set your non unicode language in regional to English UK and then restart Steam. Also re-run the installer in the redist folder to avoid the crash again.
#4 Aliens: Colonial Marines Black Screen Problem
The issue is most probably related to the drivers of your GFX. If you are sure that the drivers being used are latest, try rolling back to a more stable release.
#5 Aliens Colonial Marines – ACM.exe error “missing nvtt.dll”
The missing file “.dll” issue can be resolved by re-installing the C++ redistributables. Even after placing all the “. dll” files in the directory (you can get the files from the web) if you get PhysX error, you uninstall it too and install the latest version.
#6 Aliens Colonial Marines – Startup Crash
If your game is crashing with a splash after the start-up screen, you give the following fix a try:
- Uninstall the game
- Put your unicode language back to your system/ip address language
- Set the Steam language to your unicode/system/ip adress language
- Reinstall the game with your unicode/system/ip adress language
#7 Aliens Colonial Marines – Controller Fix
If your controller is unplugged and still the keys are recognized as that of controller, you should do the following:
- Go to my documents>my games>Aliens colonial marines>PecanGame>Config.
- Open the file PecanEngine.ini in a notepad.
- Search the line: AllowJoystickInput=1 and just change the 1 to 0.
#8 Aliens Colonial Marines – Black Screen Issue Fix
Sometimes, your monitor can go to standby if an application lower than HD is launched on it (for instance HP w2207h). I will recommend if you are using HDMI cable, try switching to the regular VGA cable.
If you come across any other issue that isn’t listed, tell us by commenting below and we will try to help you out!