DmC Devil May Cry (PC) Crashes, Errors, FOV, Graphics and Performance Fixes
It’s time for the PC gamers to enjoy the wrath of young Dante by slaying the wretched demonic souls as Devil May Cry has been released on PC. If you have been a true fan of the series, you might already be playing it.
What? Got the game but haven’t managed to run/start it properly? Worry not as we have a list of fixes and solutions for various possible problems that can plague your experience.
#1 DmC: Devil May Cry Crashes on Capcom Logo
Many users have reported the issue but sadly, there is no proper fix for it for the time. However, there are a few things you can try to make it work.
The main reason behind the crash is the controllers plugged in or the utilities like Razer Nostromo. So, if you can live without a controller and play the game using keyboard/mouse, you should disable/unplug the controller and uninstall the drivers for Razer Nostromo.
Otherwise, you can paste the file “dinput8.dll” in the DmC directory (steam>steamapps>common>DmC Devil May Cry>binaries>win32) with “.exe” file. This will actually makes the controller invisible to the game and you can dodge the crash. The file can be found in xbox360CE Emulator tool. Plugging the controller back in around the logo (start up) screen may also (if you are lucky enough) help you bypass the crash.
Using DS3 tool with “Xbox 360 Controller Emulator” enabled is another way to avoid the crash. This will also help you play the game with controller.
#2 DmC (Devil May Cry) – .exe File not working
If you can’t make it work or even can’t find the file, you should try out the following:
- Verify the integrity of game files.
- Exit Steam and restart.
- If nothing else works, i am afraid that you will have to do a fresh install to make it work.
#3 Can’t Install Devil May Cry
You need to exit out of steam and restart. Next time you start the setup, it should work fine.
#4 DmC – How to change Language
The default language tab on steam is having some problems so here is a work around if you want to change the game language:
- Go to Steam\steamapps\common\DmC Devil May Cry\DevilGame\Localization\.
- Now, browse to the language folder.
- Copy language files of your concern and make a backup of them.
- Copy it into the \Localization\INT folder.
- Now, back uo the INT files.
- Rename your language files to .int for instance (german language): Audio.deu -> Audio.int.
- Start the game.
You can also try repairing the steam client to make default language work.
#5 DmC – How to Fix the FoV for a Triple Monitor System
If you are annoyed by the issue then i will recommend that you try out the following:
- Navigate to your stream folder\steamapps\common\DmC Devil May Cry\Engine\Config.
- You need to edit the BaseEngine.ini file.
- How? Find AspectRatioAxisConstraint element and change it to AspectRatio_MaintainYFOV.
- Game will now run with the correct FoV (or rather better FoV).
#6 DmC – How to Skip Cutscenes
I don’t think that anyone would like to skip them in the first playthrough. Anyway, if you are using keyboard, backspace is the button you need to press to skip them rather the “return” key. On controller ofcourse, you can make use of the “select” button.
#7 DmC – How to Skip Intro Videos
And if you want to get rid of the intro videos (which can be annoying sometimes), you can use the following method:
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\DmC Devil May Cry\DevilGame\Movies\
Now, rename or delete these files:
#8 DmC – Poor Performance/Bad FPS (Gigabyte users)
You need to uninstall the Gigabyte’s OC Guru tool to fix the problem.
If you come across any other issues, let us know by commenting below!