Alright folks we are back with another one of our painfully hilarious takes on the video game...
Assassin’s Creed 3 Hunting Guide – Tips To Become Predator
If you’re in the middle of an American Revelation, with a nice little home with artisans waiting for you to get some goodies for getting the Capitalism cycle up and running, then you should consider the art of Hunting.
Assassin’s Creed 3 gives you the option to hunt down animals and sell their skin for some extra cash or use it as an ingredient for some specific recipe. While hunting can be intuitive, it can get a little daunting with the well-designed behavior of the animals, which get frightened easily, becoming hard to catch.
The Hunting Quest
In Sequence 4, during the main story progression, the third mission you will play is called ‘Hunting Lessons’, and is exactly that.
This is a tutorial mission that will teach you how to hunt. I highly suggest that you try to accomplish the optional objectives here to get some first-hand experience of the different methods with which you can hunt.
These optional objectives are:
- Hunt three different kinds of animals.
- Use bait and a snare to catch an animal.
- Air-assassinate two animals.
The mission itself is a very simple tutorial of how to catch prey and skin them. The first optional objective should get covered automatically and quite easily – it’s the second and third that you should focus on.
For capturing a doe, you can toss the bait into the brush that you’re standing in, and patiently wait for it to get close before you take it down with your fists. This method of hiding in brush and using bait is effective, easy, and can get you some easy skins.
You can set up a snare in the brush or the tree behind you. If you use a bait there, you can wait and catch an unfortunate animal in the snare – you’ll mostly get rabbits from this method though.
For the ‘air-assassinations’, find a brand on the tree that you can crouch on, and lay some bait below yourself as you cling. When a target comes beneath you, pounce on it to take it down. Do that for another animal, and you should be done. If you need to take out some more animals, you can always do it with your bow.
You’ll be done with this mission after fighting off a bear attack, which shouldn’t be too difficult.
While the Hunting Lessons mission will give you a good idea about the concept, it’s generally a good idea to keep a few additional things in mind.
- Sometimes it saves time to hunt from horseback. While riding, if you spot an animal, try to get close to it and tap the attack button. Connor should leap off the horse and kill the animal with his hidden blade. Note that this doesn’t apply to all animals, as some can run faster than your horse.
- Shooting animals with a pistol or musket isn’t recommended. This will damage their pelt, and it will sell at a low price. Also, it won’t be usable for crafting purposes.
- If you’re having trouble spotting animals, you should rely on your trusty Eagle Vision. This should give you a slightly larger area for detecting animals easily.
- There are a wide variety of animals in the frontier, and you can discover them by finding clues.
Don’t forget to share your own hunting tips with us by commenting below!