We all are accustomed with video game villains and the story usually concludes with the fall of...
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron PC Crashes, Errors, Freezes and Fixes
The story takes off from the post-war events where Autobots are defeated and struggling to keep up with the dark forces of Decepticons. Although, you will be seeing many of the known characters, the gameplay is good enough to give it a fresh feel.
The PC version of the game might give you some issues in running it properly. If it comes to that, you can refer to our troubleshooting guide and find the workaround to fix those issues.
#1 Transformers Fall of Cybertron – Video Issues
First things first, make sure that you meet the minimum system requirements to run the game and your hardware drivers are all up-to-date.
If you are having display issues, then you should know that the game is supposed to support the following resolution settings:
- 800 x 600
- 1024 x 768
- 1280 x 1024
- 1600 x 1200
- 800 x 480
- 1152 x 720
- 1280 x 720
- 1680 x 1050
- 1920 x 1080
- 1920 x 1200
#2 Transformers: Fall of Cybertron – DVD Read Problem
There are a few things if you are unable to uninstall the game via DVD:
- First, try holding down the left shift key when inserting the game disc. This should prevent the AutoPlay splash screen to come up.
- Also make sure that any burning software like Alcohol 120% installed are disabled. You may need to turn off all of the emulation options.
#3 Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Crash Fix
If the game keeps on crashing then optimizing the graphics hardware acceleration may solve the issue for you. If you are using windows 7, follow these simple steps:
- Right Click on the Desktop
- Select Screen resolution
- Select Advanced settings
- Choose the Troubleshoot tab
- Make sure the acceleration slider is set to Full
#3 Transformers: Fall of Cybertron – Which Port to Forward
For a smooth multiplayer experience, you need to check that the following ports are opened:
- 28960 (TCP and UDP)
- 3074 (bi-directional for both UDP and TCP).
As far as the multiplayer matchmaking system is concerned, the issue is told to be fixed by the developer. And if you still are facing the issue, you can submit a ticket here.
#4 Transformers: Fall of Cybertron – How to get G1 Retro Pack
While it shouldn’t be a problem to get it but some players seem to have trouble in finding it. All you need to do is select an Optimus mission and select the pack before the game starts (the button that asks you to switch character). It will be change for the whole game. The weapons however, can be found in the Teletran store in the game.
#5 Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Crash – The Game Has Stopped Working
Here are a few things you can try to fix the problem:
- Head to \Steam\steamapps\common\Transformers Fall of Cybertron\redist and install everything inside the folder.
- Try running steam as admin
- We always use the term of “Updated Drivers” but it’s not the only cause that can create the problem. Driver over driver installation can also be problematic sometimes. You can use this tool for the proper removal of all the temporary files of the previous drivers and then do a fresh install.
If you come across any other issue, let us know in the comments below and we will try to help you out.