Like many other games, Prototype 2 launched late on PC. The game is out now for PC gamers and the fans must be enjoying it already. But, there might be some PC users out there who couldn’t manage to run the game properly due to some game breaking bugs and other technical issues.
If you are among those unlucky few, follow our workaround guide to fix the most common issues.
#1 ‘Prototype2.exe’ has stopped working
To resolve this issue, you can try out the following methods:
- Try running the game as “Administrator”.
- It may be due to some hardware plugged into your PC. Try unplugging them one by one and see if the game gets started.
- You can also try adding “-window” or just windowed at the end of shortcut file to run the game. Add the parameter at the end of the command line of the shortcut.
#2 Prototype 2 FPS Drop Fix
If you have been experiencing drastic drops in FPS then you can try out the following fix to resolve the issue:
Put the command as launch options in steam “windowed windowwidth=1920 windowheight=1080″ without the quotes.
Launch the game again to see difference. And if your PC is not good enough to run the 1920*1080 resolution then you choose the lower resolution value.
#3 Prototype 2 – How to Fix the Refresh Rate Problem
Just like the FPS drop fix, you need to add the command “RESOLUTION=1920×1080@60″ in the Steam Launch options. This will give you the appropriate refresh rate in the game.
#4 Prototype 2 Mouse Fix
If you are facing the mouse lag then it is recommended that you try out these drivers for AMD cards. The mouse lag must be refined at least till you restart your PC.
#5 Prototype 2 – Game is Stuck During a Mission
You may face the issue especially during the early tutorial session of the game. In that case, you can do the following:
- Press Alt+Tab to minimize out the game.
- Open Task Manager and select the processes tab.
- Right Click on prototype2.exe and click set affinity.
- Make sure that your CPU is selected as ‘0’.
- Press Alt+Tab again to start playing the game normally.
If you can’t find what you are looking for, ask us in the comments below and we will try to help you out!