We all are accustomed with video game villains and the story usually concludes with the fall of...
Street Fighter X Tekken Errors, Crashes, Freezes and Fixes
Recently, PC gamers also got the chance to enjoy the Capcom’s latest fighting thriller Street Fighter x Tekken. Although the game has fighters from both Street Fighter and Tekken series, but the gameplay has quite a resemblance with a typical street fighter game.
When a game gets ported to PC after its release on consoles, there are chances that users might face some performance issues or bugs. The port itself isn’t that bad at all, but if you happen to be among some of the unlucky buyers, you can read the following guide to find the solution.
As far as the bugs in the game are concerned, Capcom may release a patch soon to fix them.
#1 Street Fighter X Tekken An unhandled error occurred (0xffffffff)
If you are facing this issue then you should make a shortcut of the game’s launch icon on the desktop and then add “-fffffff000000” (without “” signs) to the launch parameters. Restart Steam and then launch the game again to make it work.
If you are using the ATI card then quitting the Catalyst control panel may also fix the problem for you.
Still no luck? Try using the following workaround:
- Click start menu
- Press Run
- Insert this
- Hit Enter and see if the game works fine.
#2 Street Fighter x Tekken Crashes/CTD
There can be a number of issues responsible for the game being crashed. Here are few common solutions that may work for you:
- Make sure that your “Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant” is running and its set to automatic mode.
- Uninstalling GFWL seems to fix the crashing problem for many games.
- If your game is being crashed on the character selection screen then try changing everything in graphics settings to low and try again.
- Try disabling the V-sync in the game.
- If you are using Windows 7, right-click the Street Fighter X Tekken exe file, go to the ‘Compatibility Mode’ tab and then check the ‘Disable Desktop Composition’ box.
- If you are using multiple GPUs (Crossfire/SLI) and facing the crash problem then you should try running the game on the single car (disable Crossfire/SLI).
If you are using a Quad Core or multi-processor, then you can try the following work around:
- Start your game
- Minimize the game by pressing Alt+Tab
- Now open the Task Manager
- Right click on Street Fighter X Tekken.exe and set affinity
- You should select core 0 and 1 only.
You will now be running the game on two cores only which can fix the crashing problem for you.
- If your are using multiple screens then try running the game on the single screen (disable other screens).
#3 Street Fighter X Tekken Install Fails – Cannot Install
The error is commonly related to Microsoft C++. If you have multiple of these programs installed on your PC then un-install all of them and re-install it to remove any conflicts.
#4 Street Fighter x Tekken – Game Freezes During Intro Video
Make sure that your GFX drivers are up-to-date. If you are using Steam then also verify the integrity of your Steam game cache.
#5 Street Fighter x Tekken Crash Fix for Nvidia Users
Open the Nvidia control panel. In manage 3d settings, you should set ‘Threaded Optimization’ to on.
#6 Street Fighter x Tekken Connection Fix/ Ports to be Opened
If you are facing lag issues online then make sure that you have following ports opened on your router”
- CP & UDP 80
- UDP 88
- UDP & TCP 3074
- UDP & TCP 53
- TCP 443
#7 Street Fighter x Tekken – How to Fix the Frame Rate Issue
There are chances that you may be suffering from the unstable frame rate problem (even on high end PCs) then you should follow these steps:
- Go to My Documents/CAPCOM and open SFTK
- You need to edit config.ini file there
- Where it says FrameRate=VARIABLE, change “VARIABLE” to “FIXED” (without quotes).
If you come across any other issue, let us know in the comments below, we will try to help you out.