Announced back at E3 2015, For Honor claims to have finally cracked the art of swordfighting in...
Modern Warfare 3 Survival Mode Guide
One of the new game modes Modern Warfare 3 introduced was the Survival Mode, where you fight waves after waves of enemies until you get fragged. You can play it with your friends and family in co-op or join a lobby of online friends and play.
It’s a variation of zombie-mode by Treyarch, built on similar concept, but somehow couldn’t catch much attention. May be because there weren’t any zombies, which made it less wanted ? Anyway, if you are new to this type of gameplay, our guide will walk you through every aspect of the game with general strategies about the Survival mode maps.
There are lots of new and much cleverer enemies, from standard soldiers to kamikaze dogs. Survival Mode has different Tiers within itself. Tier 1 is the most basic, and they progress on till Tier 4, gradually increasing the difficulty in every Tier.
Weapons & Equipment
Each game you start-off with a few weapons. The initial weapons for their respective waves are given below:
- Five Seven with 16/96 Ammo, two Flash Grenades, and two Frags, 250 Armor, and the Self Revive ability in Tier 1.
- USP .45, two Flash Grenades, two Frags, 250 Armor and the Self Revive ability in Tier 2.
- An MP412, two Flash Grenades, 250 Armor and the Self Revive ability in Tier 3.
- An M16A4 with Red Dot Sight, a Five Seven, and 250 Armor in Tier 4.
The above are the initial starting weapons for every stage in a Tier. You unlock the Weapons Armory after clearing the first wave, the Equipment Armory after clearing the second wave, and Air Support Armory at the end of wave 3.
After each wave, you have only 30 seconds to get geared up, so make sure to predetermine what you need and what you don’t. You can also pick enemy weapons to save cash if you wish to.
You can read our Survival Mode Weapons Armory guide for more in-depth overview of all the weapons and equipment you will have available in Survival Mode.
XP will be earned by killing enemies or completing challenges. The following is the list of how much XP you will earn for different types of enemies:
- Early Infantry (100)
- Sub Machine Gunner Infantry (125)
- Assault Rifle Infantry (150)
- Heavily Armored Infantry (200)
- Suicide Bombers (275)
- Suicide Bombers Injured / Self-Destruct (150)
- Chemical Infantry (150)
- Attack Dogs (100)
- Suicide Bomb Attack Dogs (150)
- Juggernaut (500)
- Riot Shield Juggernauts (750)
- Helicopters (600)
The following are the different Tiers and which maps you play in them:
You can read a detailed strategy on how to survive these maps longer in our Map Strategy Guide.