According to a recent report, the upcoming Nintendo NX will be a portable, handheld console with...
Lost Planet 2 Errors, Crashes Fix, Freezes, GFWL Fixes
Lost Planet 2 is finally out on PC and like many other games, it has few issues, errors and crashes that are needed to be addressed. Following is a list of most common issues in Lost Planet 2.
Higher the system specs, better will be the performance. This game is meant to eat up your system resources so be cautious while jumping directly to the higher graphics. This game will be a real test for your processor and specially the GPU. Now lets discuss various problems you can come across while playing this game.
Lost Planet 2 Troubleshooting Guide
1# Lost Planet 2 Does not Load After the Launcher
If your game does not load after the launcher windows, you should try following:
- It is recommended that you have latest version of directx.
- If you are using Windows XP SP2 then it’s time for an upgrade to SP3.
- Try installing GFWL using the installer found at Steam\steamapps\common\lost planet 2\gfwlivesetup.exe
2# Lost Planet 2 Low Sound Fix
If you are using earphones, try plugging in your speakers. If the problem persists, you should update your sound drivers.
3# Lost Planet 2 0×80072751 Error While Updating the Game
This might be due to your firewall or anti virus. Turn them off before updating. Restart the system and then try again.
4# Lost Planet 2 Mouse Sensitivity Problem
If you are using a mouse with 4000 or more DPI, you may face sensitivity issues in the game. One solution to this problem is that you change the mouse speed manually from the LP2 config.ini file.
Head to Drive/documents/CAPCOM/LOST PLANET 2/config.ini and change the “MouseBaseSpeed” to 6.000000 or whatever you normally play on.
5# Directx 11 Crossfire and SLI issues (Low FPS, Long Loading Time and Crashes)
Game does not work well on PCs using crossfire or SLI in DX11 mode. It is recommended that you use only one of your two cards. Performance and other related issues are solved if you play the game in windowed mode. You can activate windowed mode using the config file used in “Mouse sensitivity problem”.
6# Lost Planet 2 GFWL Issue (DVD Insert Error Message)
You can solve this problem by following method:
- After you get Dvd insert error message, close your Steam.
- Now open Steam and do a game integrity check and 7 new files will be found and then installed.
- After installation close Steam.
- Open Steam again and do another game integrity check. 1 file will be installed. This should solve the problem.
7# Game is Stuck while Loading
It is most probably due to extra background applications. Use “Task Manager” to kill all the extra processes to avoid any pauses or crashes during the load time.
#8 Can’t launch the Game through DX11
This problem is reported by those who are using the pirated version of the game. If you have the original game and still facing the problem then you should read the following points:
- You should have Windows Vista/Windows 7 to play on DX11 (recommended).
- Each GFX does not have DX 11 support so you should be sure that your GFX has DX11 support.
- Installing DX11 manually can solve the problem.
Other’s should run the game with “launcher.exe”.
9# Lost Planet 2 Mic Problem
If your unable to speak in the game using your mic, you should try following solutions:
- Press “Home” key and adjust your mic settings through Windows Live options.
- Make sure your Windows settings has mic boost +10, and in GFWL, set recording and playback to max, and threshold to minimum.
10# Lost Planet 2 xlive.dll error
Uninstall GFWL and reinstall it. Restart your PC and this should solve the problem.
11# How to Save Progress Offline in Lost Planet 2
If you can’t figure out how to create an offline Games For Windows Live profile, follow the steps below for help.
Launch the game. Open the Windows Live menu or it will pop-up automatically when you start the game.
a)If you are not logged into any GFWL profile continue to step 3.
b) If you are already logged into a profile and unable to save progress then log-out of that profile and now create new profile buttom will become visible.
Click on ‘Create new profile’ button.
In the dialog box that pops up DO NOT hit continue. Hitting continue will take you to a registration page for an online profile – which you obviously don’t want as you want to create an offline profile.
Once in the ‘Create Gamer Profile’ window, scroll down so that you can see the bottom paragraph.
Look for the hyperlinked ‘create a local profile’ link in last paragraph. Click it to create a new offline profile to save progress of Lost Planet 2 locally.
12# Lost Planet 2 has Stopped Working
Update your directx to resolve this issue.
General Tips to Run the Game Better
- Don’t try to cross your system limits. Run benchmark tests and set the settings accordingly. 50+ FPS are good for smooth experience.
- Close all the background running applications as this game needs much resources. Shutting the extra applications down will improve the game experience.
- I will recommend that you atleast have XP SP3 or higher OS like Vista or Windows 7 to play this game.
- Make sure that you have latest drIvers for your sound and GPU hardware. Gamers suing SLI should have latest update for it.
Facing any other problems? comment and we will try to help you out.