We are here with another free game giveaway and this time we are giving away easily one of the most...
Arcania Gothic 4 Crashes, Errors, Freezes and Performance HotFix
Arcania is fantasy action role playing game set in the rich world where an entire kingdom’s future is at stake. Become a hero, and challenge the king and reveal the hidden secrets. Day and night cycles, weather effects, lighting and shadow effects, clouds and stunning demonstration of the graphics of highest quality.
Arcania Gothic IV Errors, Crashes, Freezes and Performance HotFix
1# Arcania Gothic 4 Crashes to Desktop, Black Screen of Death
Gothic IV doesn’t go well with different audio sample rates. If your audio sample rate is set higher then 24bit 48000hz, you may face random crashes to desktop while playing the game. In order to fix this issue, you will have to change your audio sample rate to 24bit and 48000hz. How you can do that ? follow the simple steps below:
- Go to Control Panel >Sound.
- Click ‘Playback’ tab, and select ‘Speakers’ and go to its ‘Properties’.
- In the Speaker Properties, click ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Now under the ‘Default Format’ drop down menu, choose 24 bit, 48000 Hz (Studio Quality) option.
- Save and close the window by pressing OK and run the game.
Alternatively, uninstall the game and completely remove it from the registry. Make sure you delete game settings folder in My Documents, and re-install when you have done all that. You will find the Arcania registry entries in
2# Arcania Gothic IV Launch Fix
Run the game in Windows XP SP3 compatibility as admin. Make sure you have set the audio sample rate to 24bit 48000hz studio quality following the tweak above.
3# Arcania Gothic 4 Low Sound Problems
Update your sound card drivers, and make sure you have volume set to max for Arcania Gothic 4 in the mixer. Or,
- Start Game.
- [ALT] + [TAB]
- Go to your system try by your clock and locate the icon that looks like a speaker.
- Now, either right click on speaker and and chose “open volume mixer” or left click on it and click “mixer” underneath the volume slider.
You should now see Arcania Gothic IV’s volume control, drag it up to the top.
Alternatively, go to Control Panel> Hardware and Sound> Sound > Click on Communications Tab and select “Do Nothing” radio button and it will fix this issue, its a permanent fix.
While in XP, for those who are having the same issue of low sound volume, you can try reducing the hardware acceleration, or configure your speakers to Stereo.
4# Arcania Gothic IV Blue Screen of Death
If you face BSOD, there are probable reasons for that. You are low on memory, virus, system drivers, overclocked PC heated up, or your power supply has gone bad. Checking every possibility may resolve this for you.
5# Arcania Gothic 4 Performance Issues, Hot Fix
If playing the game causes your GPU to overheat, lag, random freezes after sometime playing the game, and other issues along the lines. You can download and install the official hotfix that resolves all these issues.
Download Arcania Gothic IV HotFix from here.
6# Arcania Gothic 4 Start Up Crash
If setting audio sample rate to 24bit 48khz and starting the game in compatability mode as admin didn’t really help your cause. Make sure your antivirus is not blocking the game. Try running the game with your anti virus disabled and see if that helps.
Quick Checks to Get Arcania Gothic IV Working
- Make sure you have updated DirectX installed.
- Make sure you have updated your Video Card Drivers.
- Make sure you have .Net Framework 3.5 Installed.
- Also make sure your video card supports shadel model 3.0.
- Make sure you have set the audio sample rate to 24bit 48khz.
If you are facing any other issue, comment and we will try our best to resolve that for you.